Our Vision & Mission
VISION: Sustainable energy use requires transformative energy storage solutions. NY-BEST will lead the development and deployment of these solutions by linking energy markets with our world-class industries and research institutions.
MISSION: To catalyze and grow the energy storage industry and establish New York State as a global leader.
How We Achieve Our Goals
1. Acting as an authoritative resource on energy storage, proactively communicating energy storage related news and information, and facilitating connections among stakeholders;
2. Advancing and accelerating the commercialization process for energy storage technologies, from research and development, to products and widespread deployment
3. Educating policymakers and stakeholders about energy storage and advocating on behalf of the energy storage industry; and
4. Promoting New York’s world-class intellectual and manufacturing capabilities and providing access to markets to grow the energy storage industry in New York.
The New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology (NY-BEST™) Consortium was created in 2010 to position New York State as a global leader in energy storage technology, including applications in transportation, grid storage, and power electronics.
NY-BEST currently has more than 185 members. The Consortium's membership is diverse and includes manufacturers, academic institutions, utilities, technology and materials developers, start-ups, government entities, engineering firms, systems integrators, and end-users. The majority of its members are New York State-based entities.NY-BEST serves as an expert resource to energy storage-related companies and organizations seeking assistance to grow their businesses in New York State. This includes access to financing, research capabilities, potential partners, technology developers, manufacturers, and other private sector and government resources. NY-BEST serves as an important connector in establishing a strong energy storage “ecosystem” encompassing all stages of energy storage product development and use.
Looking to the Future
New York State has enacted the most ambitious climate protection legislation in the nation, including a mandate to achieve 70% renewable energy and deploy 3 GW of energy storage on the electric grid by 2030 and advance bold, new clean transportation initiatives. NY-BEST is committed to helping achieve these goals.
Board of Directors
NY-BEST Board members are elected for staggered two-year terms at the annual meeting held in the Spring of each year. Board members must be employed by NY-BEST member organizations. Transparent and open decision-making are hallmarks of NY-BEST. Board Members must comply with our conflict of interest policy.
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C.
Raymond Corporation, Division of Toyota Industries, Chair
Key Capture Energy
Matt Fronk & Associates LLC,
Empire State Development’s Strategic Business Division (SBD)
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Cornell University, Secretary/Treasurer
Cadenza Innovation, LLC
* A board member's term expires at the annual meeting at which the members replacement is elected. The annual meeting is typically held in March or April each year. There is no expiration date for the two permanent board members.
Thank you for your interest in joining the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST). NY-BEST seeks to position New York as a global leader in energy storage technologies and is helping to capitalize on New York’s existing technical and industrial capabilities to bring together industry, start-ups, engineering firms, academic institutions, government agencies, law firms, financial institutions, and stakeholder groups.Join